Partner for Shasta - Sat 05/16

Find climbing partners in California
pheelingr8

Partner for Shasta - Sat 05/16

by pheelingr8 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:24 am

Hello SPers,

I'm a new SummitPost member! Thank you all for your contributions to this fantastic mountaineering resource.

I am looking for a partner to climb Shasta on the weekend of May 16. I will be ascending Rainier the weekend after and would love to get some snow/ice under my feet beforehand. My friend who will be guiding me up Rainier suggested that I train on Whitney and Shasta.

My alpine experience is limited, including only a trek to Camp Muir (Rainier) and climbing various dry mountains/volcanoes. I began serious training at the start of April, will backpack around a Utah NP in a couple weeks, and will climb up Mount Tom with some friends on May 9. I am athletic (skiing, surfing, hiking/backpacking, ice hockey, yoga) and am looking forward to taking my mountaineering skills to the next level.

I have the gear and attitude needed to make this happen safely. Shasta is spectacularly beautiful and I can't wait to see it up close. Please get in touch if you'd be interested in joining me. I'd certainly appreciate someone with a bit more experience, but I would be grateful for any company.

Cheers,
Phil

Paradigm14

Re: Partner for Shasta - Sat 05/16

by Paradigm14 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:14 am

Phil, I'd love to hear how it goes. I want to climb Mt. Shasta in July.

Return to US - California