climber (based in Ulm) looking for winter/spring partner

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
climbnplay

climber (based in Ulm) looking for winter/spring partner

by climbnplay » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi, I will be based in Ulm, Germany through the winter and spring from the beginning of November. Feel free to shoot me a msg if someone is looking for a partner in Ulm area and other places like the Frankenjura, Bavarian Alps, Tirol, Swiss Alps (only 3 hrs from Ratikon!) etc. I have a more or less flexible schedule with several days off each week, and I will be looking for partners for everything (sport, trad, ice, mixed, alpine, touring...). Solid all-around climber, 8b sport and 8a trad, experienced in long steep ice and mixed terrain also. My idea is to spend the winter getting fit from climbing rock/mixed/ice, ski touring and running and then spend some nice long days and nights in the Alps/Dolomites starting in the early Spring. Potential objectives include the 6 "classic north faces" (not necessarily the most popular routes) and hopefully many other quality mixed and rock routes that we can discuss. I will be taking along a camper van so the trips can be lush. Thanks and have a safe winter! :)

The following user would like to thank climbnplay for this post
Obrit

no avatar
Obrit

Re: climber (based in Ulm) looking for winter/spring partner

by Obrit » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi, climbnplay.

Hopefully you see this, since it's 5 months later.

I'm living in Lindau, Germany, right on the border of Austria and Switzerland, so I'm in the Allgäu and Austrian alps pretty regularly. I mostly do long hikes, but have recently decided to try and get back into climbing and ropework to do some climbs, such as Zimba.

I haven't climbed in many years now, but I'd be interested in getting back into it. So, if you're ever looking for someone to to climb with, or do some sort of adventure in the mountains, I'll likely be up for it.

Return to Europe