Mount Tai (China)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
ScottHanson

Mount Tai (China)

by ScottHanson » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:14 pm

My family will be in Shanghai, China in May 2017. Has anyone been to Mount Tai (near Tsing Tao city). Curious if anyone has info on trails, climbs or lodging in this area. Is the weather OK for climbing in May.
Thanks for any response!
Scott

ScottHanson

Re: Mount Tai (China)

by ScottHanson » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:44 pm

bump!

ScottHanson

by ScottHanson » Sun May 21, 2017 3:08 am

My wife and I made it to the top of Mount Tai (Taishan) on Friday 5/19 local time. Remember China is 15 hours ahead of US_Pacific daylight time zone). I hesitate to say we climbed the mountain (1500 meters); because we took bus halfway up and then jumped on cable car (actually more like gondola ride) for the second half. This mountain similar to Yellow Mountain is more of a family deal then a demanding physical pursuit. We had a hotel room close to the summit, and next morning hiked to peak area/weather station. Hope to post some pictures in a few days.
Scott

atavist

by atavist » Tue May 23, 2017 3:05 pm

You can actually find some wilderness if you get away from the crowds. If I remember I hiked down the north side, nearly remote and very scenic.

Return to Asia