Weather atop Agung

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
seoul588

Weather atop Agung

by seoul588 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:23 pm

I will be going to Bali in mid-November for a wedding and am hoping to climb Agung (3,142 meters). Any idea what sort of temps to expect at the top?

I climbed Japan's Fuji which is of a similar height in mid-summer and found it freezing at the top. Will Agung be warmer as it's on/near the equator or should I expect to bring a thick jacket to this hike as well?

Any info would be much appreciated. Cheers.

kellnerce

Re: Weather atop Agung

by kellnerce » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:37 am

I was on top in June (arrived on top just before sunrise) and was pretty cold. I was in shorts, tshirt, and long sleve (thin) pullover. If I had known, I would have brought the legs to my shorts, a windbreaker, and maybe a hat. It did start to warm up when the sun came up though, so if you do it during the day, you should be fine in a tshirt and shorts.

later,
chris

seoul588

Re: Weather atop Agung

by seoul588 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:51 am

Understood.

Thanks for the replies. Look forward to the climb and, should I get any decent photos, will add them to the Agung page.

Incidently, did either of you use a guide and, if so, do you have their contact details and/or thoughts on the value of a guide.

Cheers.

Return to Asia