Orizaba/Ixta guided trips

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.
Mescalito345

Orizaba/Ixta guided trips

by Mescalito345 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:00 am

I'm thinking about signing up for a guided trip to Orizaba/Ixta in December. Anyone been on a trip with either Alaska Mountain Guides (AMG) or Orizaba Mountain Guides (OMG)? Thanks.

Haliku

by Haliku » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:14 pm

Not sure if you are only considering those two companies but look at http://www.totalclimbing.com/page.php as an option. They've been taking trips down south for many years.

Edit: See the Orizaba page if you haven't already. All the information you need to pull off your own trip (guided or not) is there. Cheers!
Last edited by Haliku on Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snowflake

by snowflake » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:23 pm

I even went solo and teamed up with some Mexicans that I met at the hut. It is a fairly popular peak and there are a lot of people on the mountain.

Mescalito345

by Mescalito345 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:22 pm

Thanks for all the responses. FYI, I've never been over 14,500 feet, but I have climbed Whitney five times, Shasta twice, Elbert, and Langley.

Alaska Mountain Guides seems to have a good reputation. They lead trips to Kilimanjaro, Denali, Aconcagua, etc. I usually try to sign up for one guided trip per year, to learn something about how the experienced climbers handle the details (schedule, pace, gear, etc.).

Return to Mexico, Central America and Caribbean