Pyramid found in Bosnia?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Jack B

Pyramid found in Bosnia?

by Jack B » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:35 pm

WOW!

Experts find evidence of Bosnia pyramid -
Structure believed one-third taller than Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12402157

http://sarajevo-x.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20137&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=piramida&start=0

Charles

by Charles » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:01 pm

yes WOW!

jck

by jck » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:40 pm

Really WOW :D
Let us know when you will have more details/next articles.
Regards
jck

justahiker

by justahiker » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:07 pm

You can check some informations on official website www.piramidasunca.ba
I know it seems incredible, but this planet is incredible and in the end we know so little about it.
Greetings, Samer...

jck

by jck » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:49 pm

That's what I was looking for.News and recent researches.
Thanks Samer.
Regards
jck

justahiker

Some new evidence??

by justahiker » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:09 am

Continuing excavations at the sites of the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun and Moon is producing impressive results. The Foundation of the Archaeological Park: Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun (APBPS), has been able to show new evidence of the existence of slabs and massive blocks which are part of a monumental pyramidal structure.

Experts from Egypt are working alongside those from the Foundation including archaeologists, geologists, and geodetic experts.

nikolai

by nikolai » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:06 am

When I first saw this, I read the links and was blown away.

But in my newest issue of Science, I see it's part hoax, part wishful thinking carried to ludicrous extremes.

Here's a good summary of the situation:

http://www.archaeology.org/online/features/osmanagic/

Mark Doiron

by Mark Doiron » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:42 am

nikolai wrote:Here's a good summary of the situation:
http://www.archaeology.org/online/features/osmanagic/

Thanks for that link. Did I overlook the testimony of someone who actually visited the site and says it's a hoax? Sure, it appears that Osmanagic has some crazy ideas. But is the only evidence that he didn't actually stumble onto something:

1. An expert who says that it's impossible that the people of 12,000 years ago could have constructed a pyramid?

2. That Osmanagic has some nutty theories?

Is it possible that the pyramid exists, but was constructed more recently? I'm not asserting that Osmanagic is even partially correct and that the professionals are wrong. I'm just saying that I'd rather believe the words of professionals who actually visit the site.

mark d.

nikolai

by nikolai » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:04 pm

I think the Science article covered the reasons why the whole thing is nonsensical a little better. But you need an on-line subscription to read it.

Science talked with six (real) archaeologists and geologists who visited the site and all came back saying it is ancient lakebed sediment (breccia) that's been thrust up over the years through natural forces. The tunnels found in it are centuries old mines, not a millennia-old tomb.

The current work there is trying to strip away all the soil to get down to the bedrock (the "Pyramid") but it's carelessly disturbing actual archaelogolocical sites there from the middle ages and 7000 year old neolithic sites.

It also sounds like it’s getting crazy there now. An official of the town where it’s happening (no doubt benefiting greatly from tourism) said that all critics of Osmanagic’s work will be denied access to the site.

Return to Europe