Flights to Huaraz, Peru!

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
Buz Groshong

Flights to Huaraz, Peru!

by Buz Groshong » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:45 pm

I was in the Lima airport a couple of weeks ago (touristing, not climbing trip) and heard them anounce a flight to Huaraz! Adventures Within Reach (http://www.adventureswithinreach.com/) also notes that there are now daily flights from Lima to Huaraz. I don't know the name of the airline yet, but will post it when I find out.

hhsilleck

Yep!

by hhsilleck » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:38 pm

We're flying in to Huaraz in about two weeks ... I can't wait for the views of the Cordillera from up high! I don't remember the name of the carrier right now either, but I'll post it when I find our paperwork.

Tom Fralich

by Tom Fralich » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:49 am

That is so sweet! Not that the bus ride was really a big deal...but with the number of people coming in and out of the Cordillera Blanca, I would have thought that someone would have capitalized on this a long time ago.

Mrodaddy

by Mrodaddy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:41 pm

Anyone know what airline is running those flights? Planning on heading over in August and would prefer to avoid the bus this time. Much appreciated!

randobanjo

by randobanjo » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:07 am

Anybody have an update on this? I'm heading down there on Saturday morning. Would LOVE to grab a plane from Lima => Huaraz rather than bussing it. If anyone has any details on airlines, flight times, etc., I'll owe you huge.

pvalchev

by pvalchev » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:12 am

Yes, the flights are ran by LC Busre, which is a large company that runs most of the domestic flights out of Lima (they simply added Huaraz). http://www.lcbusre.com.pe/web-ingles/eng_index.html

It seems like they fly daily at 08:35. I heard they are about $80 one way, but haven't verified this as I took the bus.

Return to South America