Argentina in August

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
GravityPilot

Argentina in August

by GravityPilot » Tue May 06, 2008 5:29 pm

I have rough plans to be in Argentina about the 17th of August. My schedule is flexible, but I'm catching the bus from Buenos Aires to Mendoza and need to be in Mendoza by the 20th. Until then, climbing? Anything? After the 20th we'll be ski touring, but before that wouldn't be bad either. Any ideas? Thanks.

Deb

by Deb » Thu May 08, 2008 5:26 am

Wine tasting!! Check out some Malbec from Uxmal!

mikebowen

by mikebowen » Sat May 10, 2008 3:39 am

I'd escape the wet, dreary environs of BA in winter and go right to Mendoza- eat steak anywhere and then wander down to the Irish Bar and ask the owner which clubs are going off. Check the city out- I always enjoyed my time in Mendoza as much as the skiing above it.

FabienenCordoba

On the way to Mendoza, try climbing in Cordoba...

by FabienenCordoba » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi!

On your way from Buenos Aires to Mendoza, you can make a stop-over in Cordoba and go climbing in the sierras there. It's an overnight trip from BsAs to Cordoba and again from Cordoba to Mendoza. Unfortunatly, I won't be there to go climbing with you but I might be able to hook you up with partners and I can give you some info on getting there.

I would be very interested to go ski-touring/mountaineering with you on the week-end of August 30th if you think that is possible. Do you have any specific plans?

Fabien (in Cordoba)

Return to South America