Free camping in Julian Alps

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
turistoalpinista

Free camping in Julian Alps

by turistoalpinista » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:33 am

HI! I'm planning a trip to the Julian Alps. I don't want to be in a camping but I would like to camp somewhere in the NP. Do you know any places where the free camping is possible?
For example: I have read a report of people which camped in Dolina Triglavskich jezer. Is it possible to have a tent there and sleep there for a few days?
Or can you suggest me another possibilities?

Otherwise I have read that the free camping is possible outside the NP. Is it true? So is it possible to camp just behind the border of NP?

turistoalpinista

by turistoalpinista » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:59 pm

Borut Kantuser wrote:If you're discreet(no open fire) and if you don't leave the tent standing during the daytime,
probably no one will say anything.
Just hide a little!

You think so? You're probably well-experienced in Julian Alps. Do you know, what are the fines? And do you know any proper places for camping in NP?

For example I have though about Vrata valley. Just stay there for couple of days. Built a tent if necessary and climb some mountains there.

Return to Europe