Which Slovenian mountain huts stay open in winter?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
Graham Meigh

Which Slovenian mountain huts stay open in winter?

by Graham Meigh » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:56 am

Most mountain huts in Slovenia are closed by mid-October. Can anyone point me to a reference for those that stay open through the winter or open at weekends? We are looking at a trip end of October.

snooper

Re: Which Slovenian mountain huts stay open in winter?

by snooper » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:53 am

Graham Meigh wrote:Most mountain huts in Slovenia are closed by mid-October. Can anyone point me to a reference for those that stay open through the winter or open at weekends? We are looking at a trip end of October.

Hello,

I'm also planing a photo-trip to Julian Alps during the second half of October and the same question stays actual to me. I've got some info before, that all the huts there have winter rooms, which stay opened the whole year - hope that somebody local will answer if that is true?

I have only this link with phone numbers, the second column should be the opening times - what does it mean, guys? http://www.pzs.si/index.php?stran=Seznam%20ko%E8

Thanks in advance!

no avatar
Graham Meigh

Slovene info

by Graham Meigh » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Found this link. Lots of info but still no forward opening dates.

http://www.slovenia.info/?_ctg_namestit ... i_dom=1253

toc

Re: Which Slovenian mountain huts stay open in winter?

by toc » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:14 pm

snooper wrote:
Graham Meigh wrote:I have only this link with phone numbers, the second column should be the opening times - what does it mean, guys? http://www.pzs.si/index.php?stran=Seznam%20ko%E8
Thanks in advance!

ODPRT - open
OS – koča je stalno odprta - open all days
OSNP – koča je odprta v sobotah, nedeljah in praznikih - open on Saturdays/Sundays and holidays
ONP - koča je odprta v nedeljah in praznikih - open on Sundays and holidays
zimska soba je odprta! - winter room open!
ključ na PD - hut key should be picked up at the Alpine club in charge of the hut
ponedeljek zaprt- closed on mondays
OSNP, če je lepo- open Saturdays/Sundays and holidays if the weather is fine
ODPRT, zaprt v ponedeljek do 18. ure- open, apart from monday till 6pm
ODPRT - v četrtek ne - open, apart from Thursday
ODPRT VSE DNI V LETU OD 8.00 DO 22.00 URE - open every day year-round from 8am to 10pm
Koča je zaprta zaradi obnove - closed due to reconstruction
ODPRTA, NE v ponedeljek ! - open, but not on Mondays!
ODPRTA do 30. septembra, naprej OSNP - open till September, 30th, afterwards open
on Saturdays/Sundays/Holidays only
ODPRTA do konca oktobra, ponedeljki ne! - open till end of October, not on Mondays!
ODPRTA, torek–petek od 16 – 22 ure - open tuesday-friday 4pm-10pm
ODPRTA vse dni razen ob sredah - open every day apart from Wednesday
ODPRT do 28. septembra - open till September, 28th

ZAPRT - closed :cry:

no avatar
Graham Meigh

by Graham Meigh » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:50 am

Many thanks Toc

Attila the Hun

by Attila the Hun » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:49 am

Most huts have winter rooms which are open year-round. Blankets are provided in most, i think, but you need to bring your own grub/stove etc. Some huts are open year round, as far as I know. What area are you thinking of going to? End of october is a nice time to be hiking over there.

no avatar
Graham Meigh

by Graham Meigh » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:16 pm

Attila the Hun wrote:Most huts have winter rooms which are open year-round. Blankets are provided in most, i think, but you need to bring your own grub/stove etc. Some huts are open year round, as far as I know. What area are you thinking of going to? End of october is a nice time to be hiking over there.

We based in the Kaminski Alps, near Krvavec. But where we roam will depend on conditions and how much snow there is high up. Maybe one trip will be over Zvoh and Kalski Greben to the Cojzva Koca hut (in my back garden, so to speak) and then Grintovec.

Vid Pogachnik
Forum Moderator

by Vid Pogachnik » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:59 pm

It's only one hut then, Graham, Cojzoba koča. It's normally opened till mid October, but has also a winter room with 12 places.

Return to Europe