SEARCHING FOR CHRISTOPH

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
BRIANTUCK

SEARCHING FOR CHRISTOPH

by BRIANTUCK » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:32 pm

Hello from England,

I know this is a long shot but I am hoping that somebody will be able to help me contact a German hiker that I briefly met in France last week between Sixt-Fer-A-Cheval and Chamonix-Mont-Blanc last week. He was a great guy and I would very much like to speak with him again or hike with him sometime. I also have some photographs of the area that I would like to pass on to him. Unfortunately I did not get the opportunity to obtain his contact details before we parted company. If anyone out there can help I would really appreciate their assistance.

All I know about him is as follows: his name's Christoph, German, about 22-26 years old and lives approx. 1/2 hour from Frankfurt. He has travelled in Croatia and Ireland but has not been to England. He is approx. 180cm tall and speaks good English. We met at the Refuge Alfred Wills on the GR5 footpath near the Col d'Anterne on Tuesday 16/09/2008. Christoph was hiking with 3 other people (not present when I met him) and he was hiking to Les Houches near Chamonix on Thursday 17/09/2008. I was walking with my friend Neil who runs a Bed & Breakfast chalet near Morzine in France. We spoke with Christoph for a while and took some photographs.

If you know Christoph or know anyone else who might know him, please pass this message on and/or send me a PM on summitpost. Please ask Christoph to e-mail, phone or text me anytime.

Big thanks to everybody who reads this message for taking the time to do so. I'm sorry to waste your time if you're unable to help me. Any assistance that you can give is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Brian
26/09/2008

axelandr

by axelandr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:25 pm

was just about to tell you the same thing, but lolli beat me to it.. posting that information in connection with your full name is indeed a bad idea. also I would try to make my email less prone to being picked up by spam-robots.. add spaces and say so afterwards, for example..

alex.

Aaron Johnson

by Aaron Johnson » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 am

I edited his post. I will notify and explain it to him via SP email. Thanks. :shock:

Brad Marshall

Re: SEARCHING FOR CHRISTOPH

by Brad Marshall » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:52 am

Hi Brian:

I know a climber from Germany who meets that description and may possibly be the person you are looking for. I met him and two of his friends while climbing Denali. All three were from a small town in Germany. I will send him an email.

Charles

by Charles » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:15 am

Aaron Johnson wrote:I edited his post. I will notify and explain it to him via SP email. Thanks. :shock:

Well done!

Return to Europe