Talli Klettersteig info?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Woodie Hopper

Talli Klettersteig info?

by Woodie Hopper » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Can anyone give me good directions to the Talli Klettersteig from Meiringen? I know how to get to Meiringen from Zurich. Also any good beta over and above what's here in SP would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Woodie

Moni

by Moni » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:17 am

Not sure I can give the best directions - a friend drove, so I didn't pay that close attention, but here's the link to the hut.

It states that you can leave from the Susten highway at Fuhren and walk to the hut in 1.5 hours or take a tram directly to the hut. If you drive, you have to get (buy) permission to drive the Birchlauistrasse.

The trail from the hut to the base of the Klettersteig is easy to find and you can always ask the hut warden. If I recall correctly, it takes about 45 minutes at most to get there from the hut. The way back which is down the other side and up and over a little pass back to the hut is long - so don't leave too late. When we did it, we actually walked down to Engstlealp, where you can catch a bus (we had someone pick us up) Parts are very exposed, so having and knowing how to correctly use Klettersteig gear is essential.

Here's the link for the Klettersteig

It's fun and the views are fantastic.

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:04 am

Excellent, just what I was looking for- I really appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

Woodie

mountainmanjohn

its a great route

by mountainmanjohn » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:12 am

As Moni said, the path up to the route is easy to follow. You pay to go up the road on a little parking type machine, and get a ticket. Then walk past the hut to the route. The main problem we had was also the walk down. It is alot longer and invilves the walk back over the little pass. So take a look on the map. But even with the long way down, its a route worth taking. Enjoy!

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks!

no avatar
Flachlandtiroler

by Flachlandtiroler » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:26 am

If you go with public transport, look up www.sbb.ch for "gadmen, tällibahn" -- train from Meiringen to Innertkirchen, then bus in direction "gadmen".

In summer the tällibahn is overcrowded as is the parking along the sustenpass-road.

Martin

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:25 pm

I just wanted to say thanks again for the help. I climbed it Friday and had a great time. The weather was perfect. I'll add pictures after I get back home. It is no longer possible to drive to the lot at Birchlaui, but the cable car only costs 11CHF for a roundtrip ticket.

Woodie

Return to Europe