photo-links not displaying

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
kamil

photo-links not displaying

by kamil » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:11 am

Have yous ever encountered this prob?
While I'm writing a page and placing numerous photo-links (to the original photo locations) some photo-links don't display, but clicking such a broken link still opens the original location of the photo. I try changing sizes of those photo-links, using a plain photo-link instead of a table, but that don't work. In one case changing the img src from 'large' to 'medium' helped but not in the others. It can't be just my typos in html cos it just happens too often and I carefully copy and paste the urls in the html codes all the time and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I hope I ain't made a mess of my explanation and you're still with me :)
Can anyone help me with this? Cheers in advance!
Kamil

P.S. I get the feeling that it's some conflict between the photo-link size and the img src size (e.g. large vs. medium) cos fiddling with it sometimes solves the problem to some extent.

kamil

by kamil » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:34 am

Thanks Matt, respect for all the good work you're doing for SP :)

It's about this page, an example is the pic "Branko Kotlajic hut" here. The original is 800x600, I tried all combinations of sizes for the photo-link.
With the pics in this section I finally found the size combination that works but can't make the photo-links larger e.g. 480x360. This size (with img src set as 'large') works fine with some other pics that are originally 800x600, however.

I keep posting more photos on the page and have the same prob with some of them...

kamil

by kamil » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Thanks, Matt. Now I can make 'medium' 480x360 photo-links alright, before it sometimes didn't work for some reason, maybe typos in html codes or some other bug. I just made those photo-links back to 300x225 in order not to overload the page with pics.

But I still got this problem with some other pics from time to time no matter if I choose 'small' or 'medium' etc. Will try to sort it myself, if not I'll ask you for help again.

Cheers,
Kamil

kamil

by kamil » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Matt, got any idea what's up with the 2nd pic at this section? I worked out something's screwed up with img src...
cheers,
k

kamil

by kamil » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks a bunch! Seems like in some cases it doesn't matter cos I must've copied and pasted it from somewhere where it worked alright.

In the meantime I worked out that sometimes it needs jpg and other times JPG to make it visible but I can't see any rule, it's completely random to me. I'm quite thick html-wise, just use the codes like a trained monkey :)

kamil

by kamil » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:26 pm

I copied and pasted all my urls. But sometimes 'jpg' in lower case didn't work and I had to MANUALLY change it to 'JPG' to make the photo-link visible - e.g. see the code for the 3rd map in this section. I couldn't believe it myself!

Return to Site Feedback