GONE: Simond Scorpion 12pt crampons

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
TimmyC

GONE: Simond Scorpion 12pt crampons

by TimmyC » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Gone to a good home. Thanks for the interest.

------------------------------------
"Free?!" you say. "But, they must be trashed!" A fair assumption, but happily not the case. I got these crampons at Second Bounce (Seattlites will know this as the previous incarnation of our awesome new and used gear store, Second Ascent) about twelve years ago. Shortly thereafter, I got a pair of aluminum Stubai lightweights that I could use with lighter boots and even my trail runners. The Simonds stayed in their box.

As far as I know, these crampons may never have been used. When I got them, they were well-painted and quite sharp, remaining so to this day. They may have been a previous model year or whatever, thus the veritable song for which I got them. I don't remember what I paid, but it wasn't much. TWELVE. YEARS. AGO.

I weighed these, and they're about $5-9 to ship in the US. I'm willing to absorb that cost just to get these out of my gear bin. Please wear them up something difficult and pretty and then post a picture of them helping you be awesome. It's the least they deserve. PM me with any interest. Thanks.

See them in more detail at http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=572075

Return to Gear