Plane ticket Lima to Huaraz

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
eferesen

by eferesen » Fri May 22, 2009 4:46 pm

farrgo wrote:Definately take the bus. You get the mystery meat and some nasty bubble gum flavored Inca Cola. Also, if you're really lucky they will play Micheal Bolton music videos.

Michael Bolton and Inca Cola!!!! I am sold. I have been to Peruvian restaurant in Flagstaff, AZ and I must say that inca cola is not that bad.

Everyone thanks for the information.

TYeary

by TYeary » Fri May 22, 2009 5:57 pm

I like Inca Cola, but mystery meat is right! I've never got sick, but I have wondered just what it is I'm eating. I usually choke it down, along with my partners, who can't eat it, and feel satisfied. The trip back on the night bus, is best fortified by several drinks at the Vagamundo, then downing a few sleeping pills, getting on board before you pass out and sleeping until you arrive at the San Isidro station at around 6-7 am. Sometimes those drivers are at it like A J Foyt. I don't want to be awake when we slide off the road and cartwheel down the cliff to oblivian! And you thought the climbing was dangerous. Just kidding.......well sort of!

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Fri May 22, 2009 6:15 pm

I like Inca Cola too, and I've eaten Guinea pig and alpaca, so why do I have to know what the meat is?

TYeary

by TYeary » Sat May 23, 2009 5:07 am

You don't have to know, Buz. I 've just been curious, thats all. I've never eaten Alpaca or Cuy by choice, but who knows? Whatever your tastes, the Blanca offers something for everyone. Good climbing all.

tulsonline

by tulsonline » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:48 pm

yes, bus is not a bad option. Unfortunately the only airline that does the route uses small 19 seater planes ( Metroliner ) and therefore the luggage allowance is very limited, particularly if you are carrying all your climbing equipment. You´re allowed to take only 10 k. + 5 k. of hand luggage. Cruz del Sur and Movil have good buses and I would say that 300 of the 400 km are in good shape; only the last 80 to 100 km are in need of repair

Brad F

by Brad F » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:03 pm

The bus ride from Lima to Huaraz isn't bad at all. Definitely pay the extra cash and go for the first class seats if you can.

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:41 pm

deuder wrote:The bus ride from Lima to Huaraz isn't bad at all. Definitely pay the extra cash and go for the first class seats if you can.

+1

And for what it's worth the "mystery meat" has usually been chicken in my experience (Cruz del Sur).

Previous

Return to South America