sellers.. im looking to buy some gloves and hard shell pants

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
stormflap

sellers.. im looking to buy some gloves and hard shell pants

by stormflap » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:17 am

any sellers out there..

in about two or three weeks ill be buying some hardshell pants. it needs to have a 32 inch waist. my budget is $100 with shipping. bibs are fine. full zip or calf.. it doesnt matter.
the brand new option im considering would be the marmot precip full zip for $90 if i cant find anything used

i also need a pair of gloves. something like 200 weight fleece or windstopper is perfect. waterproof is a plus but not mandatory. marmot has windstopper gloves they claim to be waterproof for $40 so thats what im considering if i cant find anything used.

thanks for the help everybody

kheegster

by kheegster » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:16 pm

pm sent.

no avatar
mconnell

Re: sellers.. im looking to buy some gloves and hard shell p

by mconnell » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:13 pm

stormflap wrote:any sellers out there..

in about two or three weeks ill be buying some hardshell pants. it needs to have a 32 inch waist. my budget is $100 with shipping. bibs are fine. full zip or calf.. it doesnt matter.
the brand new option im considering would be the marmot precip full zip for $90 if i cant find anything used

i also need a pair of gloves. something like 200 weight fleece or windstopper is perfect. waterproof is a plus but not mandatory. marmot has windstopper gloves they claim to be waterproof for $40 so thats what im considering if i cant find anything used.

WindStopper material is not waterproof. If you are looking at the Marmot Evolution gloves, read the advert again. It says you can wear them under water proof shells.

bird

by bird » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Just get the precips. They are only going to sit in your pack 90% of the time any way.

stormflap

Re: sellers.. im looking to buy some gloves and hard shell p

by stormflap » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:35 pm

mconnell wrote:
stormflap wrote:any sellers out there..

WindStopper material is not waterproof. If you are looking at the Marmot Evolution gloves, read the advert again. It says you can wear them under water proof shells.

i know windstopper is not waterproof but marmot says the evolution glove has m1 soft shell materal which is waterproof. when i googled the glove last week some other site mentioned for use under water proof shell. .which further confuses me.. and rei specifically mentions that these gloves are waterproof but i wouldnt believe it until i see it myself. i was skeptical from the beginning. i thought it was a typo on marmot.com

stormflap

by stormflap » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:38 pm

bird wrote:Just get the precips. They are only going to sit in your pack 90% of the time any way.

haha i plan on wearing them all day. next month we are either going up galena peak or titus. another nice person mentioned gladiator peak. so one of those

BLong

by BLong » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:19 am

precip does not breathe. Better off paying money for something that breaths or foregoing the idea of wearing a waterproof pant all day

Return to Gear