Redpoint climbing shopped Robbed! Lookout for stolen gear!!

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
godskid5

Redpoint climbing shopped Robbed! Lookout for stolen gear!!

by godskid5 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:40 pm

"REDPOINT ROBBED – Watch-out for new gear being sold!

This is a note from the Owner of Redpoint….I'm letting everyone know this, just in case someone runs into someone that's selling gear that just doesn't sound right. Last night (Friday night) my shop was broken into, and everything was taken and I really do mean everything. I haven't done an actually inventory yet. But ballpark, 50 draws, 100 carabiners, 14 ropes, 4 sets of cams, 5 sets of nuts, 10 down jackets, etc etc etc etc. So please, please, keep an eye out for anything suspicious if you're buying something second hand from someone. I would appreciate it. If anyone finds out anything here is some contact information. You can either call me, 541-923-6207. Or the best bet is the local sheriff's office. Their phone number is 541-693-6911. The Sheriff in charge of the case is Gary Cima, but you can talk to anyone else there as well. I'm working on the inventory right now, and will have a pretty long list of items stolen, so you know what to be on the look out for. Thanks for all the support. Thanks, Eric"

climbncookie

by climbncookie » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:17 am

I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I hope everything gets recovered

gobriango

by gobriango » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:56 am

I can't imagine that a climber would steal climbing gear ... I wouldn't want to climb with anything that had that kind of Karma attached to it..

T Sharp

by T Sharp » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 am

That is huckin`harsh man!:evil: Redpoint has such a good vibe, 8) I always stop when I am out your way for a coffee fix and last minute gear needs.
Keep your head up through this tough time, and we will keep our eyes peeled for the booty, and the meth heads who jacked it!

Best Regards;
Tim

Mark Straub

by Mark Straub » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks for posting this on Summitpost! I saw it on Cascadeclimbers the other day but didn't think of it. Maybe we will be able to locate the stolen gear- I check Craigslist from time to time for things like that.

-Mark

Return to Gear