Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

How is Guadalupe in March?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Postby maddie77777 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Thanks to all for the replies. I'll be headed to Guadalupe April 9-10th. I wish now that I had booked in February, but I went with April instead as a birthday present to myself. We'll be hitting Carlsbad, Roswell (just to say we did), we'll hit that Billy the Kid town, and stop at White Sands and then Las Cruces before flying back. I'm psyched!
maddie77777

Postby maddie77777 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Honestly, we're only staying in Roswell b/c I'm a Marriott rewards member, and I'll either get a free night there, or I'll get the points for it, I haven't decided yet. It was the only Marriott close to where we'll be, so I'll go for it. I'll check out Riudoso and see if we can work that in instead of either Lincoln, or perhaps Roswell entirely. How long does that peak you mentioned take?
maddie77777

Guad Mtns NP

Postby tularosa » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:18 pm

I have hiked in all of the places mentioned above by Ric and I cannot disagree more strongly with his comment about Guadalupe Mountains National Park being a disappointment. It has it all: incredible beauty, great history, a variety of hiking opportunities, and wonderful solitude. The limited public access has kept the wilderness nearly pristine. The winds are usually at their worst in the spring (March thru June). Otherwise, the conditions tend to be variable but quite manageable.
tularosa

Previous

Return to Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)