Shameless plug for Bob Sumner

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.
Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

Shameless plug for Bob Sumner

by Bob Burd » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:27 pm

I've never met him, but Bob Sumner and I share much in common starting with our age and our peakbagging goals. I've seen his name in more than a hundred registers over the years in CA and NV and we've probably been atop more than 500 of the same summits. I've exchanged emails with him to discuss approach routes to remote peaks in the Sierra as he seems to like long day hikes as much as myself (and was one of my early inspirations). I've climbed the CA county highpoints and he's done the same in NV. But he's gone one better and written a book, detailing the NV County highpoints. I got a copy of it and have enjoyed flipping through it - noting the ones I've done and making plans for those I haven't. It makes a nice addition to the library. You can get a copy from Amazon or Spotted Dog Press. There was a recent article about him too. Thanks Bob!

Return to Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)