Ragged Mountain CT

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
Patrick B

Ragged Mountain CT

by Patrick B » Wed May 19, 2010 8:40 pm

I just got back from a climb on Ragged Mountain in Connecticut and I tried searching for it but couldn't find it... I don't think there's a page for it on SP. I know there's a guide book on it and the cliffs are popular judging by all the climbers there. Just wondering if there's a page for it or if anyone would want to start it... there's some pretty solid climbs that should be put up. I don't know much about it so I can't start a page but I'm hoping somebody will

patb

Alpinisto

by Alpinisto » Wed May 19, 2010 11:38 pm

nartreb

by nartreb » Thu May 20, 2010 6:01 pm

A page would be useful. I went to check it out last summer but didn't find good directions, guessed wrong about what part of the park the cliffs were in. By the time we found them it was late and I was tired from hauling gear for miles on a very hot day. The climbing looked pretty good: rock was solid. One thing I wished the sources I'd found had emphasized is that for most climbs it's difficult to set a good anchor at the top; you shouldn't count on toproping without leading the route first. In that respect it's not as beginner-friendly as, say, Quincy Quarries, even though the cliffs aren't that much taller.

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)