C 2 C

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Augie Medina

by Augie Medina » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:50 pm

kevin trieu wrote:
Ze wrote:the tram is shut down from sept 13th to oct

So you saying that after I hike up a mountain, I have to hike back down? No trams, ski lifts, heli rides, what the hell is going on? Where's our tax dollars going anyway? Only savages have to walk down a mountain. Pffft!

The solution, Kevin, is to call for a rescue from the top. Riverside County will charge your home county for costs of the rescue (tax dollars at work) and you'll have an interesting TR to submit. You can call it "Mountaineering with Chutzpah: Calling for a Rescue Just Because You Can." :lol: :lol:

Luciano136

by Luciano136 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Dougb wrote:Well, with no Tram it's still doable. You spot one car at the Marion Mtn TH, drive around to the Desert Museum, and you're good to go. Or you could be a savage and hike back down. That hurts just thinking about it! I'm still waiting to hear about someone who ascends Snow Creek and descends c2c, now THAT would be something.

Maybe you should shoot Rick Kent an email :lol:

ScottyP

by ScottyP » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:40 pm

kevin trieu wrote:

So you saying that after I hike up a mountain, I have to hike back down? No trams, ski lifts, heli rides, what the hell is going on? Where's our tax dollars going anyway? Only savages have to walk down a mountain. Pffft!

It is not the issue of having to walk down! It is a timing/airline issue. :D

RickF

by RickF » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 pm

The full round-trip, sans tram is 35 miles with 10,000 vetical feet up and down. I call it Cactus-to-Clouds; Car-to-Car or "C2C squared". Early September can be brutally hot. You might find the temperatures start to ease up a little by late September. I'll be attempting it on October 9 with a 2:00 a.m. start.

no avatar
KathyW

by KathyW » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:49 am

RickF wrote:The full round-trip, sans tram is 35 miles with 10,000 vetical feet up and down. I call it Cactus-to-Clouds; Car-to-Car or "C2C squared". Early September can be brutally hot. You might find the temperatures start to ease up a little by late September. I'll be attempting it on October 9 with a 2:00 a.m. start.

October 9th is going to be a busy day on C2C with people going up to the Clouds and then all the way back down to the Cactus. If it's not too hot out, I'll be giving it a shot too that day - probably a midnight start for me.

Ze

by Ze » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:57 am

kevin trieu wrote:

11,000' gain /loss with water? no problem for some, but I just wanna help give RMRU a rest for a few weeks 8)

Previous

Return to California