Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Hayden Peak/Electric Pass Peak Ridgeline

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Hayden Peak/Electric Pass Peak Ridgeline

Postby MarkDidier » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Looking for beta on the ridgeline between Hayden Peak and Electric Pass Peak. From the pics I have from Electric Pass Peak most of the route looks very straightforward but I couldn't get all of it in my pic and from the topo it looks like the ridge gets pretty narrow between Hayden and UN13540. Most of it looks Class 1/Class 2. If anyone has been up there during summer conditions any info would be appreciated. We're looking at making a loop hike out of American Lake and Cathedral Lake.
MarkDidier

Postby Kane » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:51 am

I remember it looking way too dangerous than I was willing to take on. Very loose, exposed and slow going. After a quick survey, you will likely just want to drop down in the basin and traverse around the mess. It will be the way faster option.

Kane
Kane

Return to Colorado