Hey!

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
etai101

by etai101 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:48 pm

you have the will now all you need is the know how,
listen guy dont go up a high mountain by yourself if your serious about mountaineering take an introductory course( maybe with ISM, wouldn't go to the Indian albinism school) if that sounds like little too much to invest in go to climbing gym and try out some real basic climbing.
if all your looking i just for “hiking mountains” buy a copie of lonely planet or something.
but don't risk your life in a environment which can go bad and dangerous very fast.
this alpine climbing is:
triple-h high altitude high exposure and high commitment.
Good luck and be safe.

etai101

by etai101 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:36 pm

ok gotcha um in toronto? i dont know but there is a wounderfull school in alaska if you got the scratch basic course covering glacier travel rope work rescue and maybe 10 point system for carmponing thats what i would look for if i were you looking to start out.
as for high trkking mountains south america i chock full of those(bolivia peru)
in the u.s. and canda all the reltivly high peaks a re hard to get too and usually a tough climb.
if your looking to walk high and on a budget S.A is the place for you i know of at least three trkking peaks in bolivia at around 5500 m.

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Welcome to SP.

Try contacting Lhakpa Gelu Sherpa at sherpaspeed@yahoo.com, tell him your stiuation and see if he could provide you with any guidance. Here's a link to his web site:

http://www.worldrecordsexpedition.com/

If you're looking for climbing schools there are some great ones in Alberta and BC. Closest to Toronto might actually be in North Conway, New Hampshire.

radson

by radson » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:36 am

This may be of interest. Indian mountaineering schools.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1932154

Return to Asia