Suunto Vector vs. Suunto Core

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
traveljunkie78

Suunto Vector vs. Suunto Core

by traveljunkie78 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:38 pm

I am debating on which suunto watch to buy for general mountaneering. I heard that the core watch had some technical problems and also the orange bands have been fading really quick. Is that true???? Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:01 am

Core has those technical problems, I'd choose Vector without any doubt. Anyway, I'm using Altimax now

brokesomeribs

by brokesomeribs » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:06 am

Another vote for the Vector (own the Vector HR - purchased it after losing my observer that faithfully stayed on my wrist for 5 years).

However, I'm currently not buying any Suunto products. The holding group that owns Suunto owns a number of brands including Salomon skis. Salomon sold a knowingly defective and poorly tested ski boot that failed on a friend of mine in his first couple days out. The boot was less than 5 days old.

His backcountry ski tour ended in a helicopter evac and a leg that looks like this:

I won't be buying any product from Amer Corp. until they own up and make things right.

Return to Gear