Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Mt Hood rescue/tragedy

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Postby Augie Medina » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:32 pm

Thanks for bringing up the final chapter in this tragedy.
Augie Medina

Postby PellucidWombat » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've had some contact with one of Katie's friends, so I really appreciate hearing about this.
PellucidWombat

Postby EastKing » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:05 am

I am glad to see they found the other two. I was happy to pay tribute to the climbers BEFORE I realized that I actually had spoken to Luke a couple days before the climb. He was belayslayer on CascadeClimbers. He was very encouraging to me when I spoken to him. He also told me about the Hood trip he was going on but I never put it all together until after I climbed Mount Hood to pay tribute to him, Katie and Anthony. Through that brief conversation I knew he was a quality guy. From what I read of Katie and Anthony they were also great climbers. Rest In Peace and I will alway honor all three of you when I visit my favorite mountain.
EastKing

Previous

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)