SummitPost for mobile

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Luc

SummitPost for mobile

by Luc » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:55 pm

A lot of people are on the road, trips etc. and only have access to SP via a mobile device such as smartphones, PDAs or apple devices.

It would be nice to have a mobile formatted version of the site and forums without all the bells and whistles.

The following user would like to thank Luc for this post
Liba Kopeckova

visentin

Re: SummitPost for mobile

by visentin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:53 am

The risk is to see the number of very short TRs and pages (bad submissions) growing.
What about a feature enabling posting pics from a top (the user would choose the object and take a photo with the mobile) or adding log entries ?

JasonH

by JasonH » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:14 pm

visentin wrote:The risk is to see the number of very short TRs and pages (bad submissions) growing.

Really? I doubt anyone is going to type a page on their Iphone.

visentin wrote:What about a feature enabling posting pics from a top (the user would choose the object and take a photo with the mobile) or adding log entries ?

That's cool.
I have a demon in me - Stu

Luc

by Luc » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:02 pm

visentin wrote:The risk is to see the number of very short TRs and pages (bad submissions) growing.

I don't think many people would decide to write a route/area/TR on a mobile device, unless it's a PDA or iPad or other. It comes down the the poster's responsibility of adding quality data to SP, same as when they post from a regular computer/laptop.

There will always be someone posting comments, messaging or flagging posts for corrective actions with the threat of removal by admins.

Return to Site Feedback