Tourskiing Gear Price Question

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
WouterB

Tourskiing Gear Price Question

by WouterB » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:07 pm

I'm looking to buy a pair of tourski's to be able to still get up high in the mountains during winter time. Main purpose will be light and easy ascent. On the descend I don't usually go all that fast, but I'm more of a "oh, look a bump" *jump* kind of skier. If that makes sense?

Last weekend I rented some equipment in Andermatt. The boots were really crappy, so I didn't get a good feel of the rest of the gear. But the guy did make me a price on the skis so I'm curious to find out whether it's a fair price. Don't know much about this sort of equipment and a google search didn't really help either.

I used the below gear:
stockli stormrider pit pro II
Silvretta binding (can't remember the exact name)

According to the guy they had mostly been standing there, since not a lot of people rent that kind of gear. He said they had been rented out 5 times before. He was asking 600CHF for the skis and bindings. Does anyone know if this is fair?

DukeJH

Re: Tourskiing Gear Price Question

by DukeJH » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:05 pm

I've been looking to possibly get some AT gear and all I know is the Silvretta binding is damned expensive! Best price I've found was an old set on clearance for $349US. The skis look about $440US on ebay for 2007-2008 gear. That's around $789US or or about 760CHF. Doesn't sound too bad and the Silvretta binding should accept a mountaineering boot.

WouterB

Re: Tourskiing Gear Price Question

by WouterB » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Duke, these guys ship to the US and sell the Silvretta bindings. They aren't that expensive: http://www.wandern-klettern-kanu.de/sho ... nbindungen

Thanks for the input!

Return to Gear