Did somebody quit SP?

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
lcarreau

Did somebody quit SP?

by lcarreau » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:59 pm

During the last two days, my power points have dropped by two digits.

I detect a "voice being suddenly silenced" in the Force. Did somebody delete all their pages ???

Not a big deal - just askin'.

:?
"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

ZeeJay
Forum Moderator

Re: Did somebody quit SP?

by ZeeJay » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:11 pm

My power points went up by a lot because a deleted user (WV) transferred several of his pages to me. But I think there might be something else going on because my profile images seem to have gotten rearranged just before he left while his votes still counted.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:46 pm

ZeeJay wrote:My power points went up by a lot because a deleted user (WV) transferred several of his pages to me. But I think there might be something else going on because my profile images seem to have gotten rearranged just before he left while his votes still counted.

Excuse me, Judy. I'm not sure I understand some of those BIG words you are using.

Did someone "down-vote" on your profile images? Something really strage is happening here.

mountaingazelle

by mountaingazelle » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:08 pm

Before WV left SP, he transferred some of his photos for other members to use on their pages. These mountain pages and photos are now part of mine, Judy, and others under our name even though he was the one that originally created them. I thought that was nice of him to do that.

ZeeJay
Forum Moderator

by ZeeJay » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:49 pm

lcarreau wrote:Excuse me, Judy. I'm not sure I understand some of those BIG words you are using.

You don't understand what transferred and rearranged mean?
lcarreau wrote:Did someone "down-vote" on your profile images? Something really strage is happening here.

I don't think anyone down-voted or up-voted them. They just seemed to get shuffled for no apparent reason.

I agree with MG that it was very nice of WV to transfer his pages to appropriate people instead of just deleting them.

Arthur Digbee

by Arthur Digbee » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:55 pm

ZeeJay wrote:
lcarreau wrote:Excuse me, Judy. I'm not sure I understand some of those BIG words you are using.

You don't understand what transferred and rearranged mean?
lcarreau wrote:Did someone "down-vote" on your profile images? Something really strage is happening here.

I don't think anyone down-voted or up-voted them. They just seemed to get shuffled for no apparent reason.
I agree with MG that it was very nice of WV to transfer his pages to appropriate people instead of just deleting them.

WV was really a good guy to transfer them, and we all know examples of the other type of person.

That transfer will lower the points of everything that WV voted on. It will raise the points of the people that received them, and thus increase the points of everything they've ever voted on.

And then there are second-order effects: the ups and downs in the last paragraph change the power points of the objects that those people voted on.

And then there are third-order effects.

And so on.

OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !

chugach mtn boy

by chugach mtn boy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:35 pm

lcarreau wrote:During the last two days, my power points have dropped by two digits. :?

Arthur Digbee wrote:And then there are third-order effects.

That's right, Larry baby. Your points went down but mine went UP! You think that's the Arizona sun on the back of your neck, but it's my hot breath. Look OUT! Mwwahahahaha :lol:

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:22 pm

chugach mtn boy wrote:
lcarreau wrote:During the last two days, my power points have dropped by two digits. :?

Arthur Digbee wrote:And then there are third-order effects.

That's right, Larry baby. Your points went down but mine went UP! You think that's the Arizona sun on the back of your neck, but it's my hot breath. Look OUT! Mwwahahahaha :lol:

No, no ... this just proves a point I had previously made (in the forums) that everything is
connected. An anology would be holding hands around a campfire with people you have met
only yesterday.

I tried (my best) to adopt some pages in Arizona, but there's just NO open channels of communication with some of these folks. When they are around, they simply don't want to talk
to anybody.

Hey, no big deal. I'll get some pages put together in the future, and let time take its course.

I miss WV; he seemed like a hell-a-va nice man and excellent contributor.

8)Image

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Gotta run, but does ANYBODY know what happened to SP-member "tanya" out of Zion National Park.

She also left some amazing pages here on SP. Just wondered if she will ever return as an active member. Thanks for your responses.

Best wishes and caviar dreams ...

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Tanya still has a profile on SP. She is just very busy, and does better communication through her other blogs, user groups, and website. I'm not sure this is a reason, but her photos of Zion get lifted without permission to advertise other sites, and perhaps she is a bit more wary of spreading the photos all over.

The following user would like to thank MoapaPk for this post
lcarreau

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:17 am

Lionel wrote:We've had a lot of quitters lately.

Just my two cents. In real life, I can't stand a quitter.

On the internet, I don't see it as being real ... so it really makes no difference if I can stand a quitter or not.

In Arizona, I know there's quitters out there, so I focus entirely on CRITTERS.

:wink:

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:13 am

Lionel wrote:I get ya, it's just nice to have the information there, in a spot you know to find it.

Thanks, you're making more and more sense all the time!

BUT, SOMETIMES ... pictures take on a life of their own, and make very little sense.

Nature changes, just like people. I see SP as being a storage place for IDEAS, as well as a community based on data and sharing outdoor adventures.

Some find it EASIER to share than others ... but we don't have any control over that.

8)

Return to Site Feedback