Liner molding Los Angeles

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
hamik

Liner molding Los Angeles

by hamik » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:18 am

Where's a good place? Looking to mold Baruntse liners, don't trust skills with home oven. Thanks!

kevin trieu

Re: Liner molding Los Angeles

by kevin trieu » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:05 pm

liners not fitting too well?

no avatar
KathyW

by KathyW » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:29 pm

hamik

by hamik » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:10 am

Never mind, people of SP, it is very easy to do it at home with the supplied instructions. Trust me, if my clumsy ass self can do it, so can you!

Hamik

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Hey Hamik, if you still have problems, John Crowley at Mammoth Mountaineering or Corty Lawrence at Footloose can more than accomodate ya, professionally. Let me know and I can get you in touch with either to make an appointment to get them fitted right. It will just get ya an excuse to come up here and spend a weekend doing some local climbing as well.... TM next month or any of the other great spots locally.

PS: Any good SKI BOOT custom liner fitter in LA can also most likely take care of ya. They will have the proper eq and experience to do so.

RickF

by RickF » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:20 am

Hamik,

+1 for Footloose and Mammoth Mountaineering.

The operative word in Chief's statement about LA area bootfitters is "Good" I have not found any "good" fitters in the LA/OC area. There is no one south of Mammoth that I would trust my ski gear to.

Out of necessity I thermo-molded my own Garmonts at home in my convection oven. You can get really good, step-by-step, do-it-yourself instructions from Lou Dawson's Wild Snow web site.

Return to California