Climbing Partners?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
PhilipB1992

Climbing Partners?

by PhilipB1992 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for anyone who wants to climb some of the awesome mountains in the Cascades this winter.

I have lived in the area about 1.5 years now and I don't have a bunch of climbing partners up here. I have climbed Mt Rainier, Mt. Baker and Mt. Hood via the standard routes but I am looking to get into more technical alpine climbing. I have been sport climbing for years and I was a part of a technical mountain rescue team in Colorado for a few years prior to moving to Seattle. I have finally amassed much of the gear necessary for ice and alpine climbing. Now all I need are climbing partners! :)

This will be my first season ice climbing so ideally I would like people who are either at the beginner/intermediate levels themselves or people who don't mind having me along.

If anyone wants to talk more over coffee or beer let me know!

Thanks and happy climbing!
Philip

Djiaody

Re: Climbing Partners?

by Djiaody » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:10 pm

Hey Philip,

Are you still living in the PNW? I this is an old post and you probably don't climb with randoms anymore. But I have about the same experience you had when you first posted this message. I'd love to come out west this winter and get some training in before my second attempt at Denali in the spring of 2018.

Hope to hear from you.

robobobo

Re: Climbing Partners?

by robobobo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:39 pm

Hey to you both. I'm a transplant to Seattle from California and I'm looking for Rock and Alpine Partners. My experience is comparable. I'm up for pretty much anything, hit me up if you're still looking for partners.

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)