Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

It's fun...

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

It's fun...

Postby mvs » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:48 pm

It's fun to leave mountaineering behind for a while. This morning I had the day free and got up dutifully at 5 am and started packing the skis and skins for a solo trip out. But I'm really digging this programming task at work. As I thought about how far ahead I could get with it with a day of pounding the keys all motivation to head out into the wind left me.

So I had a good day 'round the house. Learned some wicked shit about volume rendering and ray tracing and played in the snow with the kids.

I know the stoke for bashing through the cold forest into the murk will return. In fact I like that feeling so much that I know I've got to step away to give it space to build up.

Anyway, Merry Christmas Summitposters :)
mvs

Re: It's fun...

Postby lcarreau » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Hate to be an old stick in the mud, but I'm not sure if we're supposed to say "Merry Christmas" here on SP.

Well, I just said it ... guess that makes me a hypocritical slob who just regurgitated on his own eggnog, for crying out loud ..

Careful with that fruit cake, Eugene ..

"Phobos and Deimos went to Mars, and that's the last time I saw those two dudes."
lcarreau

Re: It's fun...

Postby Josh Lewis » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:01 am

lcarreau wrote:Hate to be an old stick in the mud, but I'm not sure if we're supposed to say "Merry Christmas" here on SP.

I beg a differ, I mean why else would there be elves here if they were anti Christmas. :wink: Unless they ended up on the naughty list.

Josh Lewis

Return to General