Cab/Van Service from Seattle to Mt. Baker's Trialhead

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
EastKing

by EastKing » Sun May 16, 2010 3:55 pm

When are you going? Far West Taxi or Yellow Cab but if you tell us when you are going you might have a car ride because a number of other climbers might be going there.

no avatar
nhluhr

Re: Cab/Van Service from Seattle to Mt. Baker's Trialhead

by nhluhr » Mon May 17, 2010 5:07 pm

cdymdcool wrote:So we have a party of 5 people going to climb Mt. Baker in the summer, none of us are willing to drive
this is absurd.

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Mon May 17, 2010 6:19 pm

I believe there are regular shuttles from SeaTac airpoft to Bellingham, but have never heard of shuttles running from Bellinham to Mt Baker. Maybe take the shuttel to B'ham and rent a car for the last leg?

nickmech

by nickmech » Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 am

cdymdcool wrote:So we have a party of 5 people going to climb Mt. Baker in the summer, none of us are willing to drive and we decided to use a cab/van service from Seattle to the Trailhead of Mt. Baker. Do you know any cab company in Seattle has a medium size van that's big enough for 5 people and all the gears? Thank you so much!

You want to hire a taxi cab from Seattle to Mt. Baker Trailhead? Are you serious? That's 150 miles.Bellingham/Airporter Shuttle runs coaches from Sea/Tac to Bellingham. $60 RTx5 people. Cab from Bellingham to Baker, 40 miles aprox. $$$. Greyhound runs buses from downtown Seattle to Bham.also. Cheaper to rent a car. Or better yet, make it a true expedition like Mallory. Walk all the way to the mountain. Hire some homeless bums in Seattle as porters to carry your gear. Tell you what, I'm feeling generous tonight. I live about 25 miles from Glacier. If you can get to Bellingham somehow, I'll pick you guys up and drop you at the trailhead for the Coleman-Deming route. No charge.

Vinny

by Vinny » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Everyone has their price ... what are you willing to pay?
how are you imagining pick up would work or is this a one way mission? ; )

rasgoat

by rasgoat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:02 am

Just hire a heli to the summit

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)