Peru anybody???

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
nbaisburd

Peru anybody???

by nbaisburd » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:58 pm

I am planning to arrive in Huaraz in early May and climb until early July. Looking for a partner/s to climb any mountain above 6000m.

CClaude

Re: Peru anybody???

by CClaude » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Why limit yourself to 6000m+ mountains. There are a lot of mountains between 5000m and 6000m that are amazing.

Like Cayesh
http://www.mountainproject.com/v/106670049
or Olcshapalca

or seen here

Myself, I may be down there trying to finish up, unfinished business, but will have a partner.

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:48 pm

That dog leg buttress center face looks incredible.

Stboo

by Stboo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:31 am

probably july to august my friend! Lots of fun on 5000m peaks. I think they are more realiable and as tough as 6000m in my mind. You could have a big fun climbing those LITTLE 5000m ;)

nbaisburd

by nbaisburd » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:03 pm

You guys are right, there are very challenging 5000m peaks. But i am hoping to attempt an 8000m peak summer 2013 so i am trying to climb as high as i can. Plus there are also challenging 6000m peaks. By the way Stboo for the lack of partners i am changing my dates i will start to climb early June i have a partner for that but i am still short a partner for July. I saw we have similar objectives: i will be climbing Yanapaccha, Alpamayo French direct, Quittaraju and Huascaran sur The Shield in June. Looking for partners for Tocllaraju, Artesonraju and and some possible climbing in Cordillera Huayhuash.

Stboo

by Stboo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:59 pm

Very interesting Nbaisburd! I'm just waiting for my friend to see if he can afford climbing in Peru this summer.

Climbing in the Huayhuash range ... I started a thread 1 year ago and SPers told me that climbing out there was getting real hard cause of bad crevasses on glaciers. Also, it's more remote and challenging than the Blancas! Depend on what are your ideas of climbing. Don't want to be the next Joe Simpson !!!

nbaisburd

by nbaisburd » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:20 pm

I like my life and I don’t want any thing even remotely similar to what happened to Joe Simpson to happen to me or my climbing partner. However, I don’t let other people’s tragedies and accidents dictate what I can do or should do. I believe that I can make very good judgment calls when it comes to climbing and therefore I don’t discard climbs until I talk to the local people and see the condition myself. Any how, the decision to climb in the Huayhuash will be made after I all ready climbed a few peaks in the Cordillera Blanca and am familiar with the weather and snow/ice conditions. If it Huayhuash doesn’t work out then there are plenty of other mountains to climb.

I am looking for partners to climb, I don’t mind climbing with one or more people, I just want to climb.

Stboo

by Stboo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:34 pm

I think you are defenitely right. In my sense, adventure deserve a lot of my energies in my life and even with accidents that happen here and there. There is always danger in those alpine pursuits but you can really lower your chances from getting in bad terrain by knowing objectives hasards and having a lot of skills and conditioning. No summit deserve a human life.

You have a good plan! Being well acclimatize will let you climb fast and avoid mountain hasards.

metal4lyf

by metal4lyf » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:49 am

After being more than a little disappointed I never got to use my tools on Chimborazo last month (it's in "good" condition), I'm really wanting to climb in the Cordillera Blancas this year. My dad doesn't think he'll be up to it so I'm looking for a partner(s). I was thinking some lower peaks and then Chopicalqui to get above 6000m, but I'm open to something more technical if I'm not on point--ideally I want to hook up with someone who has more experience. My glacier list is short: Rainier (Fuhrer Finger), Cotopaxi (Normal), Chimborazo (El Castillo) but I'm ready to get serious. :D

Please PM if you're interested or are looking to round out a party. My dates could be flexible, too, but probably not before mid-June.

Thanks!
michael

Stboo

by Stboo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 am

well well... seems like my friend is having no money for now so :s

Is there is still climbers out there that will like to rope up with a french speaking eastern canadian !!??!

:D

nbaisburd

by nbaisburd » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:45 am

I will rope up with you if you teach me French, just kidding. Let me know what is your plan.

Stboo

by Stboo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:12 am

Just sent you a private message N! :P

santos

by santos » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:04 am

I'm going with my brother from May 16 to June 10. We only have minor experience with glaciers (Orizaba an Iztaccihuatl in Mexico)... so we were planning on hiring a guide for the mountains that require roping up. We also plan to do a 10 day trek in Cordillera Huayhuash.We don't speak any french but near perfect english ;).

Stboo

by Stboo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:35 pm

I won't be in Peru until the end of june so it will be impossible for me to share a climb with you Santos

Bonne chance (good luck)

;)

Return to South America