Good AK Hikes, kids in tow

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.
tigerlilly

Re: Good AK Hikes, kids in tow

by tigerlilly » Wed May 23, 2012 3:45 am

Sweet. I owe you one for that tidbit. I was able to book the cabin. Yea! May need crampons, eh?
Thank You !!!

cabin/kayker's cove/then what...? I should be paying you a fee for this good advice. :-0
If you were me....where would you go next? I'm thinking we head North.

Have you done any camping/hiking in or around Denali? I'm trying to figure out best campground for hiking...talkeneeta looks interesting.

Do you have any suggestions on how to see a glacier via boat, without breaking the piggy bank?
($150* 4= meh)

best place to get a beer? best place to see a bear (cheaply?) best place to stay in Anchorage for a night?

chugach mtn boy

by chugach mtn boy » Wed May 23, 2012 6:54 am

Totally cool that you snagged the Dale Clemens cabin! You will NOT regret it (well, maybe when you're kicking steps up the last 500 feet, but not after you get there).

Lots of questions ... PM sent.

The following user would like to thank chugach mtn boy for this post
tigerlilly

AbbySimpsons

by AbbySimpsons » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:09 am

Alaska is known for it's beauty of landscape and wide diversity in wild flora and fauna.It has four regions basically Inside Passage, Southcentral, Interior, Far North and Southwest. In Far North St Lawrence is one of the best touristic attraction.

Previous

Return to Canada and Alaska