Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Gannett Peak Partner

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.

Gannett Peak Partner

Postby misubri » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:35 pm

I know this might seem early to post this, but I am looking for a partner for sometime this summer, who has previously summitted Gannett Peak and knows the route. I have all the alpine gear, but no rock gear. I have summited Rainier, Whitney (mountaineers route), Hood and others. But my rock climbing is limited. I am experienced in snow belaying. I live in Arizona so a good deal of costs will be needed to just get me to the trailhead. I may have others that might want to join as well. Please email me at brwilliams@cox.net if you are interested.
misubri

Re: Gannett Peak Partner

Postby mrchad9 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:12 am

You shouldn't need any rock gear for Gannett. Or at least when I did it in mid-Summer (early August a few years ago) nothing like that was needed or useful. A couple snow pickets to be safe but beyond that I don't think any pro is needed.
mrchad9

Re: Gannett Peak Partner

Postby WyomingSummits » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 am

No rock climbing gear is needed if you're doing the Gooseneck couloir.
WyomingSummits

Return to Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)