Hilleberg - Jannu vs. Allak.

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
1961tbird

Hilleberg - Jannu vs. Allak.

by 1961tbird » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Trying to decide between these two tent models from Hilleburg. Any thoughts/insights on these models? Obviously, the Jannu has only one entrance so it appears that it would be easier to pitch in certain instances while the 2 doors on the Allak has advantages (ingress/egress) for 2 people.

Other than that, anything else?

Rick Huff

Re: Hilleberg - Jannu vs. Allak.

by Rick Huff » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Can't speak to the Allak, which I'm sure is a great tent, but I can say the Jannu is the nicest 4-season tent I've ever slept in. It is a bit snug for 2 people with gear, but is totally bomber. I love all the venting options. I guess the tradeoff is liveability/extra door for all-weather performance. Good luck with the choice!

no avatar
bzbrian

Re: Hilleberg - Jannu vs. Allak.

by bzbrian » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:44 am

I've never been in an Allak but I really do love the Jannu. If you're climbing light and fast you can squeeze a third person, provided your gear (minus boots) go outside. The only advantage I see in the Allak is the double vestibules, which I don't think makes much of a difference. The Jannu's lighter and its vestibule works great too.

Return to Gear