Simple location sharing Android app

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
gbear

Re: Simple location sharing Android app

by gbear » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:17 pm

It could be especially helpful in California, given the ridiculous amount of trolls roaming the state.
But it's true as they say, arguing on internet forums is like competing in special olympics. Even if you win, you are still a retard..

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Are you retarded gbear? Because your idea for an app that tells others your are safe only when your cell phone has reception (and you could otherwise simply call for help) certainly is retarded.

failure.jpg
Another gbear invention
failure.jpg (24.62 KiB) Viewed 1515 times

gbear

by gbear » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:53 pm

What if you are passed out or stuck without the possibility to reach your phone?
The primary idea was just to be able to share your location with an unlimited number of persons with just one click.
An extreme sporter then requested a feature to schedule these sendings. So that in case he didn't cancel it, the app would send a request for help to a bunch of people. For example if he was passing a different location that should take 30 minutes, he just sets the timer to 35 minutes and then cancels it if he got through safe and sound.

This is the reason why I though this might be helpful for guys here. If it isn't, then just ignore it.

Personally I mostly use it to keep people who are expecting me to arrive updated on where I'm at on a regular basis to avoid "when do you arrive?" calls.

DVD rewinders are so 2000. The Bluray-rewinder rewinds a Bluray-disc in the same amount of time.

Previous

Return to General