The Great Carpathian Traverse 2014

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Tomek Lodowy

The Great Carpathian Traverse 2014

by Tomek Lodowy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Everyone's invited to join and track my steps on the hike I start in a few days time at Danube's Iron Gates... the longest mountain walk I've ever undertaken, 2200 kilometers and around 100 days of backpacking across the whole Carpathian Arch...across Romania, Ukraine, Poland, Czech Rep. and Slovakia. Tough challenge after painful injuries I am still recovering from, but I just feel I need to go to the mountains for long right now, to enjoy the simplicity of life in the woods and find peace again... somewehere in the beloved Carpathian highlands.

If you just feel like to join, no need to login...
http://facebook.com/Carpathia2014 - The Great Carpathian Traverse 2014 - Hiking Diary

With immortal Thoreau's..."“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms.”
I love to try to practice that again and again.

Hope you all enjoy great summer season in the mountains of the world these days.

Wish me luck, see you!

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy

Re: The Great Carpathian Traverse 2014

by Tomek Lodowy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:54 am

The Great Carpathian Traverse 2014 - Hiking route plan. August - November 2014. 2000-2200 kilometers. If I get lucky... forgetting about neverending spine injury. First days on the trail will tell. Keep your fingers crossed...

(To all non-European viewers, sorry for Polish names only on the map ... Wegry is Hungary :) )

facebook.com/Carpathia2014

no avatar
Stefan

by Stefan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:52 pm

You are already more than a week on my facebook and looking forward to updates when you will finally start!

no avatar
harley.marshall8

by harley.marshall8 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:39 am

Hi I was wondering are walking the whole thing and how far have got across the carp attains.

Return to Europe