WTB: Warm Down Jacket - Medium - ex.: Marmot Greenland

A forum for members looking to buy and sell gear from and to each other.
benjamin.gregoire

WTB: Warm Down Jacket - Medium - ex.: Marmot Greenland

by benjamin.gregoire » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Looking for a size medium cold weather down jacket such as the Marmot Greenland, MEC Reflex or equivalent. Needs a hood. Thanks!

PS: I usually swap on Backpackinglight & MEC Gear Swap but thought you might be able to help me out with this!

ExcitableBoy

Re: WTB: Warm Down Jacket - Medium - ex.: Marmot Greenland

by ExcitableBoy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:06 pm

I have a new with tags, Outdoor Research Maestro Hooded, baffled, down parka. 800+ fill, Pertex W/B shell, size medium, blue color. The MSRP is $US 375, I am asking $200 plus shipping and PayPal fees. Please email daniel-p-smith AT Hotmail DOT com if you are interested and I can send photos.

The following user would like to thank ExcitableBoy for this post
benjamin.gregoire

benjamin.gregoire

by benjamin.gregoire » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:28 pm

Thanks, but still looking for something warmer, it gets cold up here!
Last edited by benjamin.gregoire on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:51 pm

benjamin.gregoire wrote:Thanks, but still looking for something warmer, it get gold up here!

Maybe you should think about moving somewhere warmer :D

no avatar
GuyNC

by GuyNC » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:17 pm

ExcitableBoy, by any chance are you familiar with the Outdoor Research Virtuoso Hoody and know how it would compare in terms of warmth and packability? I have the Virtuoso and love it, but am looking for something a bit warmer but not full-on expedition weight. At only a few grams heavier but with higher fill power down and baffled construction the Maestro sounds like it might hit the sweet spot.

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:45 pm

GuyNC wrote:ExcitableBoy, by any chance are you familiar with the Outdoor Research Virtuoso Hoody and know how it would compare in terms of warmth and packability? I have the Virtuoso and love it, but am looking for something a bit warmer but not full-on expedition weight. At only a few grams heavier but with higher fill power down and baffled construction the Maestro sounds like it might hit the sweet spot.

I'm not familiar with the Virtuoso Hoody, but based on specs the Maestro would be warmer due to being baffled and using 800 fill down. It is also a parka length, rather than a jacket length. The Maestro is very similar to the old Patagonia Fitz Roy parka, which I have seen very experienced climbers use on Denali. I bought the Maestro specifically for Alaska which I personally think it would work very well for. My main climbing partner with whom I winter alpine climbed and ice climbed all last season with has a Maestro. He felt it was overkill for Cascade winters (it is not particularly cold, but wet) but liked having the extra margin of safety in case of a forced bivi.

no avatar
kayjaykj

by kayjaykj » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:15 am

Hi Ben,

I have a few that I'm looking to get rid of.
A large North face Baltoro (700 down fill) in blue that I'm looking to let go for $250
Medium PHD xero down (900 fill) for $300 details are on the link below.
http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/xero-down-jacket

Let me know if there's anything you're interested in.

KJ

Return to Classifieds