Requesting Your Help in the Matthew Greene Case

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
no avatar
Maverick02

Requesting Your Help in the Matthew Greene Case

by Maverick02 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Please read the following link: http://www.highsierratopix.com/communit ... =1&t=12843

Also the search in the Minarets for evidence, on 9/10-9/15, consisting of members from several forums, is a go.

Than you for any help you can provide in this case, and in bringing closure for a fellow mountain brothers family.

no avatar
gdurkee

Re: Requesting Your Help in the Matthew Greene Case

by gdurkee » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi: I'll add some more detail here in case people don't link to the High Sierra Topix post. A couple of us have created an online map to crowdsource what routes people have taken since Matt Greene disappeared. The idea is areas showing higher density of use might suggest a lower probability that Matthew will be found in those areas. It's really important that we get enough response to assign priority areas when a volunteer ground search is resumed.

We think crowdsourcing routes using an online map is a useful tool for search and rescue. This is the first time we're doing it and I'd really appreciate feedback anyone has. At the moment, it's not getting a lot of input, so if you or friends have climbed in the Ritter/Banner/Minarets area since Greene disappeared in July of 2013, please draw in your route and fill out the pop up boxes.

Also, it's quite possible that remains will be widely scattered (up to a mile+ from any accident site) so please keep an eye out for old clothing, shoes and bones. We've had a number of cases solved that way.

Post here or write me directly if you have suggestions.

Many thanks!

George Durkee
SARMaps@sonic.net

Return to California