Elbrus both summits

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
gmjosund

Elbrus both summits

by gmjosund » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:55 pm

Hello all,

Have anyone attempted to do both summits of Elbrus (West+East) in 1 day. First climb the west summit, then do the east summit on the way back? Is there enough time?

I am trying to find a route from the south side, and would appreciate if anyone have any experience of completing this? Suggestion of route, start time etc.

Have a nice day,

Geir

shavrka

Re: Elbrus both summits

by shavrka » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:19 pm

I'm a good connoisseur of Elbrus and I can tell you that you can climb both peaks in one day. Just go at night around 1-2 hours to the top of the Western Elbrus got about 8 hours so that you're on top early in the morning. With the coming of the saddle at 5300 m can extend to the East Elbrus and before dark you to Prijut 11. I hope this helps. Ask whatever you want to know for Elbrus. greeting

no avatar
Climbreporter

Re: Elbrus both summits

by Climbreporter » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:27 am

Hi.

It can be done in one day. It is harder from the north side though. From the south side, it is much more doable.

The important thing is to check the weather. Elbrus usually has good weather in the mornings (im talking August period here). But by noon and evening it can turn bad. So, if you plan to do both, you will need a clear day throughout. Climbing both can take you atleast 12-15 hours.

Thanks.

Return to Europe