Partner for Indian Himalaya - June-Sep 2016

Find climbing partners in Asia.
no avatar
pilgrim

Partner for Indian Himalaya - June-Sep 2016

by pilgrim » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:18 pm

I will be in India for the summer and monsoon season, looking to climb as much as I can. I have about 8-10 years of experience on rock and ice. I will be traveling with a fairly decent rock and ice rack, enough to cover technical objectives. The idea is to choose a few peaks that present technical challenges and that are below the painful altitude, entirely from a bureaucratic point of view, of 6000 meters. There are some valleys that are filled with spectacular and challenging peaks in the mid 5000 meter range - like Miyar. As of now, I am planning a two week trip to the Sikkim region, hoping to plan a climb on one of the few open peaks there - Frey or Tenchinkhang. If interested for this or any other plan you have in mind, do get in touch!

no avatar
zoez

Re: Partner for Indian Himalaya - June-Sep 2016

by zoez » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:21 pm

Hello! I'm going to be in the Indian Himalayas at the end of September (I'm very flexible on the region at the moment) and would love to do some climbing and hiking. I started climbing five years ago and I'm a certified indoor instructor. I don't have any experience with trad and multi-pitch, but I'd be thrilled to learn! I grew up by the Alps so hiking is a given. If you'd like to go on a trip together, I'd be very up for it. If not, I'd love to know where you've found some hiking and climbing communities.
All the best!

Return to Asia