Boots for a Yeti

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
DasStenzel

Boots for a Yeti

by DasStenzel » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:56 pm

I am not small, 6'6 with a size 16US boot or an EU51. After an ugly divorce and career change I am absolutely determined to realize my dreams and climb Denali in 2018 and
Rainier next July for practice, training etc...

So I have posed this question over at Cascade climbers, emailed Lowa and Koflach, spent hours and hours searching every manufacturers website I can think of and
no one makes a mountaineering boot in a size 16 that I can find. The thought of not being able to summit these mountains due to not having footwear available
really sucks. If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction or if you own Lowa, Asolo, Koflack, or any other manufacturer and want to help this Yeti
climb a mountain by making a custom pair of boots I would be forever in your debt!

I would like to have a pair by this fall as I hope to head out to Colorado do some climbing in preparation for Rainier.

ExcitableBoy

Re: Boots for a Yeti

by ExcitableBoy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:12 pm

Hey,

I responded over on CascadeClimbers.com recommending Lowa Civetta. As it turns out, someone on this board is selling a size 16 pair, not sure if he still has them: fs-size-15-and-16-lowa-civetta-extremes-t62454.html.

While a bit old school, these would be the ticket for Rainier and Denali (with an insulated supergaitor or over boot).

The following user would like to thank ExcitableBoy for this post
DasStenzel

no avatar
DasStenzel

by DasStenzel » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:16 am

Awesome! I could not find any for sale anywhere and emailed Lowa seeing if they still had any available.

No problem going old school for me. I have contacted the seller and crossing my fingers hoping that they still have them!

Thank you once again this could be huge!

no avatar
DasStenzel

by DasStenzel » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:34 am

Boots have been sold... The desperate hunt continues

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps try guide outfits that rent boots, like Whittaker Mountaineering/RMI, American Alpine Institute, etc. They often sell off their rental boots and they just may have an old pair of size 16 sitting around that never sold. Good luck.

Return to Gear