Mont Blanc, Summer Climb?

Find climbing partners in Europe.
no avatar
teds

Mont Blanc, Summer Climb?

by teds » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:32 pm

I'm planning on a mid to late summer trip to the alps with a goal of climbing Mont Blanc and possibly a few other "fun" routes and would be great to have more along for the journey (and ropes).

My climbing experience includes summits of Rainier, Shasta, Hood and many smaller PNW peaks. Obviously other local climbers would be a perfect match to get some experience state-side.

If anyone is interested in joining on a trip, I'm putting together details now to grab spaces in the appropriate huts as they start to open up for booking.

Elman

Re: Mont Blanc, Summer Climb?

by Elman » Mon May 09, 2016 11:24 am

Hi there,
Are you still looking for someone to join the trip?
I tried to climb Mont Blanc few years ago, but we had to turn back, because of the strong storm.
I am coming this summer as well.

no avatar
Kyle.OConnell

by Kyle.OConnell » Mon May 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Hey guys!

I was planning a Mont Blanc solo, mainly due to lack of climbing partners. I was planning on being in the Chamonix area from August 20th to September 20th. I am open to any route, and had planned to solo the Gouter route first. I have lot's of winter experience in the Whites of New Hampshire, and a 3 winter ascents of Mt. Washington via the Lionhead Summer trail, Tuckerman Ravine, and Huntington Ravine. I have also logged ascents of Mt. Shasta via the Casaval Ridge route and Mt. Hood via the Devils Ramp. I am also Wilderness first responder, and regularly volunteer with my local rescue squad. I am confident leading 5.12 outdoors and have logged a few cracks rated 5.13a through 5.13b.

Feel free to shoot me a pm!

Angelo

by Angelo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:46 pm

Hi there!

I am also heading toward Chamonix and will be there from mid-August to mid-September. Mont Blanc wasn't on my list but i'ts fine, a beautiful mountain of course. Matterhorn is my preference in the beginning of Sep, and I am open to climb other peaks:)

Angel

Return to Europe