San Juan early ice

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
iceisnice

San Juan early ice

by iceisnice » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Looking for anyone that wants to get out and hit up a lot of early ice here in the San Juans. I'll be climbing pretty extensively through dec but then my ski race season will kick in and I'll be committed to that for the most part for the rest of the season. Been climbing a lot in the San Juans for 6yrs now and am very committend on ice/mixed/alpine. Not necessarilly looking for highly skilled climbers as much as people that can actually get out and a competent with gear/rope management, etc. Let me know!

tmahon

Re: San Juan early ice

by tmahon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Ray- I'd be psyched to get out, I'll PM you.

Ted

iceisnice

by iceisnice » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Ted, good deal. We are having perfect conditions to set up some climbs. Was up on Sneffels the other day and saw some good lines forming. Unfortunately there were some nasty slab avy conditions below the NF due to some high winds.

tallsailor

by tallsailor » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:04 am

I want to climb some ice! My wife and I are up in Gunny. Could be just me but she digs ice, too. I lead steep ice and we're trying to work our way in to some easier multipitch mixed.

John

iceisnice

by iceisnice » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:47 pm

John, good deal! There are some climbs by Gunny that I've been wanting to do also. I'm betting some stuff in Lake City is forming up. You have any idea how Open (and Closed) Casket is doing?

no avatar
Dan Shorb

by Dan Shorb » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:07 am

Ray, I have AT and ice gear, and would like to do some alpine routes or other ice. Not sure what weekends I could ferret out, but would be interested. PM me for dates. Thanksgiving I'm in Redrocks.
Dan
我不知道杰克

Return to Colorado