Spell check in search

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Donno

Spell check in search

by Donno » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:02 am

For v4, please turn off spell check in search. 90% of searches I do are proper nouns and the spell check is driving me batty.

Josh Lewis

Re: Spell check in search

by Josh Lewis » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:13 am

What web browser do you use? Is this a web browser built in spell checker or one that you installed as an additional plugin? We don't have a built in "spell checker" for the search. What is happening is that spell checker is running on text fields as well. We have no control over that (on FireFox and Google Chrome I do not see spell checker come up when typing in the search field). Want some more evidence for this? Go to "create page", doesn't matter what type. When you type in the page title, in theory it should have spell check come on when you misspell stuff (with your current setup).

Also you should make your posts for requests on "SPV4 in the making" thread as seen here: summitpost-version-4-in-the-making-t66246.html
This way we keep posts consolidated and it's easier to find requests for SP V4. :wink: It's not that we are too lazy to look at other threads, but with busy lives there is a good chance that a request might get missed when it's in it's own separate thread. :wink:

Donno

by Donno » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:13 am

Safari on iPad (iOS 7)
I did not install a spellchecker.
Don

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:17 am

The default on iPads is for spellchecker to be on.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:45 am

I don't own a ipad, but I suppose I can look into it. If I find a solution, you will have to make the changes to make it not spell check on field elements (things like the search). I would of course instruct you if I find it. Right now homework is calling again (an endless ocean of work comes my way).

Return to Site Feedback