suggestion for a first him' trip in may

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
noah

suggestion for a first him' trip in may

by noah » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:58 am

Hi All
Anyone got any suggestion for a good first trip to the himalayan mountains.
I've climbed a fair bit in a the alps, have got good rope skills, spent heaps of time on glaciers and consider my self to be of above average fitness, happy on low grade rock routes but really looking for more of a classic alpine style climb, but a bit of scrambling always makes it fun !
I'm well equiped for just about any high mountain plans ie. tents (have two that are suitable, two and three man) ropes snow, rock and ice pro, plus all personel gear.
Quite happy to join either a private group or a guided party, but must be on a plane out in the last week of may. Can put aside up the 4 weeks in country.
Happy to consider just about anything (that's not crazy).

fdoctor

Re: suggestion for a first him' trip in may

by fdoctor » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:05 am

Which country? And do you mean GOING to the Himalayas in May, the monsoon season?
Take a look at my pages on Lobuche East, Tharpu Chuli, Yala and Naya Kanga as well as the page on Island Peak.
Also check out my website www.themountaineer.biz

noah

by noah » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:29 pm

hi fdoctor

which country, open minded but nepal would be top of the list. As i said i have four weeks and must be out by the last week in may i was thinking the last week of april and the first three of may, would i be better to move it forward say two weeks april/ two may ?? of cause i'm flexible with trip dates i just have to ensure that i'm back in sydney late may because i'm expecting my 2nd child mid june.
looked at your pages and they are the type of climbs i'm after, the perfect trip would be a treking peak then something more challenging if time and conditions permit.
Having not been to that part of the world i'm after input from people who have, just the same way i helped people when i lived in the alp's. I guess what i'm trying to say is i'm after a good trip, it could be my last for a while so need to make it count.
Anyway i see you mainly do treks is there anyone you would suggest i was looking at jagged globes !

fdoctor

by fdoctor » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:40 am

Hi Noah
Check your email I've written to you direct
B

Return to Asia