Suicide Trivia Quiz

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
ksolem

by ksolem » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:23 pm

All of this begs the question: which is more lame, chiselling a hold to make a move easier or hammering off a feature to make a climb harder..?

Wow. Now my head is spinning.

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:29 pm

ksolem wrote:All of this begs the question: which is more lame, chiselling a hold to make a move easier or hammering off a feature to make a climb harder..?

Both. :wink:

dhensel

by dhensel » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Guyzo wrote:
ksolem wrote:All of this begs the question: which is more lame, chiselling a hold to make a move easier or hammering off a feature to make a climb harder..?

Both. :wink:

Both.

The hammering on Insomnia was pointless, IMO. Didn't make it much harder. And then they did it to Wangerbanger.

The Man That Fell to Earth: Can you say "sandbag"? Valhalla and TMTFTE are both 11a? Somebody bumped their head, maybe when they fell off TMTFTE.

I don't think I ever got it clear on just how the chiseled hold came about on TMTFTE. This much I do know though, Tim Powell would never, ever, have done that. I wish I knew the real story behind it. At least I can't recall knowing it. Next time I see TP I'll try to ask him.

While we're on the subject, anybody know the unflattering name that "The Chisholm Trail" was known by at one time? Once again, not something I would expect any of those guys to have done.

ksolem

by ksolem » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Now Darryl, the answer to your question could well get this thread moved to "P&P," but what the heck...

Naw, nevermind. Best left to the imagination.

The Jizzm Trail is one of my Suicide favorites though. Good all the way to the last move.

dhensel

by dhensel » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:26 pm

And, Rebolting and Valhalla are both 11a? I see a trend here. Maybe there's an answer...

Aren't ratings a hoot? Like it actually matters. If it's within a letter or two, it's good to go.

Blair

by Blair » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Was up at Suicide Friday and Saturday, getting in a bunch of great routes.

We were over on Smooth Sole Walls for the first time and I see what you all mean on the dead tree up there on top of Pink Royd. Wild how that tree came down right there!

IMO, all those routes are run out! Shit, The Fiend over to Ultimatum are all pretty scarry leads. Beautiful rock...

Anyone else up there BOTH days? I ask because there were two huge rockfalls heard up the canyon BOTH days, wonder if anyone else heard it...

graham

by graham » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:48 pm

It appears that someone’s been copping a penny :evil:
Sad to seen the Penny Log getting salvaged :(
Penny Log, October 24, 2009

Penny Log, May 12, 2010

Penny Log, August 7, 2010

Blair

by Blair » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:06 am

Yeah, I noticed that the Penny Tree is starting to fall apart... :cry:

Bump for some new Trivia!

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Who was able to walk out to the end of the penny tree, take a leak, lay down and place their chalk mark on the underside of the tree?

A: Jim "wild man" Wilson.

true enuf

gk :wink:

Previous

Return to California