Suunto Vector Repair Question

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
adventurer

Suunto Vector Repair Question

by adventurer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:25 pm

While I was installing a new battery kit in my Vector, I managed to get a small amount of water inside the watch (yes! I really screwed up!!). Attempts to dry it out with a hairdryer haven't worked. Several tiny drpos of water are between the face and the glass.

When I put the new battery in the watch came on but the numbrs are kind of fuzzy gray and the watch is not really functional.

Question is, can this be repaired economically or should I just forget it. Thanks.
"When you travel, if you avoid the people, reject the food, ignore the customs, and fear the religion..... you might as well stay home"
James A. Michener

adventurer

Re: Suunto Vector Repair Question

by adventurer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:29 am

Thanks, Chief. I've had the watch for eight years so it's out of warranty but I'll contact them to see if they think it can be repaired for a reasonable charge.
"When you travel, if you avoid the people, reject the food, ignore the customs, and fear the religion..... you might as well stay home"
James A. Michener

Kiefer

by Kiefer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:41 am

I concur with Chief.
Vector is the only watch I've owned for the last 15 years. I've sent them back 3x in that duration for a nominal fee...always expecting the defunct PART to be replaced only to have a virtual brand new watch.
My bezel & watchglass have so many scratches and dings on it now, I actually tell time in runes. :P Might be time for another repair shipment.
Suunto in my opinion, is the shit. Can't go wrong with the Finnish! :D
Then again, they do have most of the world hooked on Angry Birds.

TimB

by TimB » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:56 pm

I picked up a Ambit HR last fall, and have been very pleased with it thus far. I am even happier to hear that their(Suunto's) customer service is top-notch.
8)
Last edited by TimB on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Gear