The GPIW Tin Shack....

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.
no avatar
The Chief

The GPIW Tin Shack....

by The Chief » Tue May 11, 2010 2:43 pm

Post up your dealings with em.

<C>

Oh those were the days!

What an ornery lot of hoodlums. Why would anyone even consider buying let alone use any of the gear that they manu'd!!!! Why????

Hell, the dude with the "S" on his smock even pisses right where he stands....

Sierra Ledge Rat

by Sierra Ledge Rat » Tue May 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Late 1970s.

Leading thin verglass, basically unprotected. Placed numerous tied-off ice screws in an attempt to protect the pitch. Had one ice screw remaining.

Got to a steep bulge at the top of the pitch, the ice was finally thick enough (8 inches) to place a decent ice screw. Started screwing in my last ice screw and all the threads peeled back. Useless POS. Finished the pitch basically without any effective protection.

I was pretty angry. I had several <c> ice screws that just fell apart as I tried to screw them in. They replaced the defective ice screws. Eventually GPIW fixed the problem and there were no more defective screws.

Years later, I became a devoted fan of <c> equipment. I buy some Patagucci stuff now but not a lot.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Tue May 11, 2010 5:34 pm

butitsadryheat wrote:He kinda looks like you Chief! :lol: You related? :lol:

You outta hear him when he goes off when someone fks up... sounds like me as well.

I will never forget parking my rig in the PL on the south side oh 20 or so years ago. I opened my door only to hear someone getting an ass rippin for screwing up some surfboards while stacking em. I just listened. It was totally a one way loud conversation that ended in...

GTFO this shack and don't even think about coming back..YUR FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRED!

Through the fence gate comes YC, shaking his head, fist clenched and mumbling to himself.

I just laughed my ass off.

ShortTimer

by ShortTimer » Tue May 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Yeah they're related...

They are both circus dwarfs!

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Tue May 11, 2010 6:50 pm

ShortTimer wrote:Yeah they're related...

They are both circus dwarfs!

Ah, but you Shorty are Dwarfier than the two of us combined.

And you don't climb ice!

Hee Hee Hee.....

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander